Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summertime!

It's been a long week. The end of school came last week and with it a bunch of parties. I love summertime. It's a time to stay up late and sleep in late. It's a time to be flexible and free! I love not having a schedule to follow. It opens up my day to write a little more - and that is always welcomed.

Summer is definitely here to stay... it's been like 100 degrees outside. I don't bother going out during the day unless I have to or I'm going to the pool. Any shopping I have to do, I do at night. And I love summer nights. It's hot, but not too hot. I like swinging on my back porch, listening to the crickets, and enjoying some ice cream. Although, the mosquitoes are getting bad - I don't love them nearly as much as they love me.

4 comments:

  1. We have little steel traps to catch our mosquitoes in Alaska. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, mosquitoes love us all. Not corresponded love, though :)

    Your summertime seems lovely! I had some of those too. Now life is more complicated. Enjoy it while you can!
    - EEV

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this on your "about me" page, Talia, and I had to laugh because that was sooo me! LOL

    "I distinctly remember in high school hiding my writing notebook under my class work and writing during class - teacher thought I was taking notes."

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mosquitoes are all hovering outside the back door, just waiting for it to open so they can rush inside and take our blood!

    Daisy - Glad I wasn't the only one :D

    ReplyDelete