Friday, May 6, 2011

If I Die Young's Setting

My third book, If I Die Young, takes place in the Denver, Colorado area. The scenery there is beautiful. I wanted a beautiful place where Caelyn could experience the season changes, where she would feel alive. One of the most beautiful flowers is the Colorado state flower - the Columbine - mentioned a couple times in the book.

Caelyn mentions the mountains and views in the book. Here's a few pictures of Estes Park from this past winter:




This is the children's hospital in Denver where Caelyn spends a lot of time:




I hope to get to the Denver area this summer for more pictures.



2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm your newest follower. I will keep Caelyn in my prayers. Those are beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Caelyn is a character in my latest book. Although, many people in my family have heart defects or problems, Caelyn is not real. I do try to bring the story to life though by showing pictures.

    ReplyDelete