Thursday, February 2, 2012

Teen Topics #6

It's Thursday again and that means another teen topic. Here's something I'd like to know about...what do teens feel comfortable telling their parents? 

I want to maintain open communication with my teenager. She's in 9th grade and will come home from school and tell me about her day. I'm sure I don't get all the details. But, it's nice that she does this. I often wonder what is being left out and why. Last week, she confided something in me that I was shocked to hear. I didn't get mad because she was opening up to me. 

But, now what?

I can't punish her for opening up and telling me something. I want her to be able to come to me and tell me when things happen - good or bad. But, I can't get this out of my mind!!! 

Teens: How much do you tell your parents? If you tell them something in confidence, do they punish you?

Parents: If your teen tells you something in confidence, what do you do about it? How do you encourage communication?

As always, if you don't feel comfortable leaving a comment, you can always email me at taliajager at att dot net 

No comments:

Post a Comment