Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Life After Death

Grandpa would have been 90 this year. We all knew he would die soon, but it was still devastating. We weren't very close, Grandpa and I, but I loved him. I remember being on his boat when I was little. He liked to take my cousins and I out on the lake. I remember how he'd sit down in his big recliner and say "Ah me." And my favorite memory, popcorn! Grandpa loved to make popcorn and cover it in butter and salt. He made it for me and he made it for my daughters. They loved going up to Grandma and Grandpa's house and eating popcorn!!

I'm glad we got the chance to go home for the services. I'm glad my girls got to see their family. I'm glad I got the closure I seem to need. It was a long, hard trip. Being cooped up in a car with five kids for 30 hours is not fun, especially when one is two years old and does not like to sit for long periods of time. It was also hard because of the pregnancy. My legs ached and my feet swelled. But, I knew that I had to go. It was something I needed to do, something I wanted to do.

And now, I take a deep breath. A few...actually.

It's time to return to "work". Time to get busy on Roots and Wings. I know some of you have been waiting for this sequel and I said it would be out in December. I'm close to being finished, so please hang on and hopefully it'll be out soon. The baby is due in March and I want every loose end tied up by February. Thank you for being patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment